Allied First Bank in Oswego is Hiring!
Title: Personal Banker
Salary Range: $30k – $40k (Varies – based on experience)
Personal Bankers serve as the Bank’s primary front-line customer service representatives and are responsible for creating a welcoming environment and impression for our customers. Key job functions include account and service origination and maintenance as well as responding to customer inquiries by telephone and in person.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers warmly when they enter the Bank, calling them by name (if known).
- Help customers over the phone, answering on the first ring if available.
- Serve customers in opening new accounts, updating current accounts and closing accounts including but not limited to checking, savings, CDs, safe deposit boxes, IRAs and HSAs.
- Assist customers with routine account-related requests such as
– Funds transfers – Automatic funds transfers (AFTs) – Stop payments – Bank deposit products and service charges – ATM & Debit Card usage and limits – Checking and savings account transactions – Funds availability – Complete verification requests by third parties – ACH & Debit Card Disputes – Bank interest rates – VISA Gift Cards – Internet banking, including bill pay and mobile banking – Wire transfers – Check orders
- Cross-sell bank products and services based on customer needs, in accordance with the Bank’s program standards.
- Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other bank departments when necessary.
- Evaluate customer requests for service charge refunds and process necessary paperwork to refund customer service charges as needed. • Ensure and maintain excellence in front-line coverage to greet and assist walk-in customers and cover the phones. Primarily responsible for lobby presentation including general neatness, kid’s corner, and availability of refreshments and snacks.
- May input, maintain and/ or delete ATM and Debit Cards within the system.
- Facilitate IRA creation, rollovers, transfers, distributions, and account closing.
- Assist customers in redeeming their savings bonds.
- Open set timers, and close the safe deposit vault utilizing dual control. Our people make the difference, and we put relationships first.
- Contact customers to obtain necessary signatures and documentation on accounts due to an exception or missing information.
- Actively participate in training programs to maintain and acquire additional job knowledge and skills.
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and co-workers.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- The ability to make sound decisions that may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud, and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- Mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephones, 10-key calculator, and other office machinery.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and responsibilities relating to each.
- Familiar with a variety of account ownerships, both personal and business, to effectively assist customers’ needs in opening accounts and obtaining required documentation.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is preferred.
Prior banking experience preferred.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.
For More Info and Job Description:
Please Send Resume to Ken — KHolmstrom@alliedfirst.com