CL Design Build is in it’s 20th year and is growing again! We are a custom homebuilder seeking enthusiastic Estimator/Purchasing Agent. This entry-mid level position will be responsible for the support of construction personnel in purchasing activities, including coordination with trades, vendors, and accounting.
For more information about company visit www.cldesignbuild.com.
Primary Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Attend Pre-Bid Meeting to determine project scope of work and bidding requirements.
• Prepare accurate job specifications for each trade on each job.
• Prepare & Issue bid packages: plans and specifications to each trade on each job for bid utilizing company software.
• Estimate several construction phases using provided unit costs and reading blueprints.
• Enter all job costs utilizing company software. Track estimates against actual budgets throughout each job.
• Issue purchase orders, prints, product specifications, and all selections to vendors, trades, and field personnel within allotted time-frames. Follow each job schedule to ensure all is issued in timely fashion.
• Help identify cost-saving techniques, materials, and procedures. Endeavor to eliminate all variances to costs.
• Review any custom options & change orders with clients. Estimate prices of all change orders and issue change orders to clients for review. Evaluate structural/schedule feasibility and cost breakdowns of change orders with President.
• Prepare variance purchase orders and change orders to meet accounting department deadlines.
• Recruit and maintain relationships with quality, reliable trade contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
Troubleshoot problems with trade contractors and suppliers.
• Be available to inspect homes under construction.
• Schedule and attend on-site Plumbing/HVAC, Electrical/Low Voltage, and Paint Walk-thru meetings with clients.
• Attend weekly Team meetings with all personnel to review status of construction of each job, purchase orders, cut-off dates, and to troubleshoot issues pertaining to product selections.
- Dedicated & Ethical:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty and integrity.
• Professional: Willing to represent the company in a positive and professional manor.
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group to achieve team success.
• Goal Oriented: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
• Self-Starter: Takes initiative and inspired to perform without outside help.
• Organized: Excellent organization and time management skills are essential
• Good Communicator: Strong communication skills on phone, in-person & email, and has ability and willingness to call subcontractors and homeowners to discuss concerns.
• Multi-Tasking: Manages multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of each task.
• High Stress Tolerant: Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
• Computer Proficient: Ability to quickly earn the company’s scheduling/accounting software.
• Sense of Urgency: Ability to differentiate and accomplish time sensitive matters.
• Prompt: Ability to arrive at work and to scheduled appointments on time.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 year experience in residential construction as an estimator, purchasing agent, or in a trade profession.
• Proficient in blueprint reading and take-offs
• High School Diploma or Equivalent, some college preferred.
• Good basic accounting skills
• Good typing, Microsoft Word and Excel skills required. Experience with Buildertrend or CoConstruct and AutoCad/BIM software a plus. The company software we utilize is an integrative program that was built specifically for residential construction companies.
- This is a primarily an office position initially, but after completing training and proficient on company software systems, can work from home 2 days per week. Job does occasionally require travel to client homes via personal vehicle.
• Casual work environment
Benefits for full time employees (available after waiting period):
- Health insurance
- 401K with a company match
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
CL Design-Build, Inc.
Custom Home Design and Construction
P.O. Box 336, Yorkville, IL 60560
o: 630.882.8822 f: 630.445.4022