Looking for an Assistant Manager of an Education Business
Assistant Manager of an Education Business
Huntington Learning Center in Oswego is seeking a high energy, self-motivated individual to join its management in an administrative and educational capacity. A leading provider of supplemental education since 1977 with approximately 300 centers across the country, Huntington Learning Centers offer individualized instruction in academic skill areas such as reading, phonics, writing, study skills, and math as well as private 1-1 ACT and SAT prep programs.
This is primarily an administrative and customer-facing role involving phone and email communication with clients and employees; scheduling student sessions with teachers; preparing billing statements; monitoring student programs and progress; assisting in training and managing part-time teaching staff; conducting student academic evaluations and instructing students; and marketing student services internally and outside the center. This is an ideal and rewarding position for those seeking to put a passion for education to use in a business environment!
The schedule for the Assistant Director is Monday through Thursday 10:30 am to 8:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Entry-level candidates are invited to apply, and candidates who live near the center are desirable!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage administrative activities for Center
- Schedule students and teachers for instructional sessions
- Communicate daily via email and phone with students, parents, and teachers
- Greet students and parents on daily basis
- Manage client billing and accounting
- Conduct student academic evaluations and instruct students
- Review student programs and ensure academic achievement
- Train and assist in management of part-time teaching staff
- Participate in local marketing activities to promote Huntington services
Requirements and qualifications include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required (Education degree is a plus!)
- 1 – 2 years of administrative, management, customer service, and/or retail sales experience preferred
- Strong organizational/administrative skills and ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service mindset and communication/listening skills
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and team oriented personality
- Passion and desire to work with children
- Experience managing part-time staff a plus
- Solid PC skills required (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and web-based applications)
- Evening hours (M-TH until 8:00pm) and Saturday mornings are required
Position offers competitive base salary based on education and experience, commission/bonus program, and benefits (including group medical and dental insurance and retirement plan). The annual compensation will be based on the applicants’ experience and education in the range of $34,000 to $40,000.
Interested candidates should respond through Indeed with a cover letter and resume.