Title: Office Administrator
Oswego Presbyterian Church
The Office Administrator provides administrative support to the Head of Staff, church staff, and to the programs and ministries of the church.
● Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook
● Excellent relationship skills and can create a welcoming environment to visitors, church staff, and the congregation
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office and website management
● Ability to treat sensitive and personal information with discretion
● Coordinate the general weekday operations of the church office including handling telephone calls, voicemail messages, and e-mails.
● Keep the church office open during the established working hours and receive visitors to the office and direct their needs to staff.
● Prepare the bulletin for worship and other services.
● Maintain the church calendar and respond to requests for church use.
● Maintain a record log of key and code holders for the building and church van usage.
● Order and control the inventory of office supplies.
● Update the church website and Facebook with the assistance of the Web Team.
● Maintain membership records and information about members, visitors, and committees in conjunction with the Clerk of Session.
● Collect, edit, type, and organize the annual report.
● Generate reports for staff.
● Collect and distribute Session Committee reports and other documents as needed prior to each meeting.
● Distribute emails to the congregation including weekly announcements, prayer concerns, and special concerns and events.
● Participate in weekly staff meetings.
● Attend Session meetings or other special events as needed at the discretion of the Head of Staff.
● Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by the Head of Staff.
This position reports directly to the Head of Staff with general evaluation by the Personnel Committee.
Terms of Employment:
This is a part time position which requires the individual to work 25 hours per week. Attendance at Session meetings or other special events will be at the discretion of the Head of Staff.
A background check is required and these background check requirements must be maintained while serving in this role.
For additional information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.