Oswego Vision is hiring !
Oswego Vision, LTD – Oswego, IL
Salary commensurate with experience
Oswego Vision, LTD, A fast growing medical eyecare and optical company has an immediate opportunity/opening for an Optician to join our team! This is a fantastic opportunity to jumpstart your career with a company that offers extensive learning opportunities and quality patient care. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with fantastic communication and sales skills to become entrenched in an exciting organization.
The Optician assists our valued patient base with the selection of spectacle frames and lenses. The associate will analyze prescriptions to make recommendations that provide patients with the highest quality of vision care. The Optician fits, measures, and adjusts eyeglasses under the supervision of the Optical Manager or Optometrist to exceed the patient’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide patients with world class customer service
• Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient
• Under the direct supervision of an Optometrist or an Optical Manager, converse with patients to analyze and assess patient’s vision problems and needs
• Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits
• Understand the company’s cost of goods and retail fee schedules.
• Be able to utilize the knowledge of cost of goods to ensure the needs of all patients are met
• Educate patient on the adaptation of new prescriptions and care of spectacle and lenses
• Under the direct supervision, use technical aids for proper fit and measurements
• Under the direct supervision, use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear
• Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing
• Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up; inform management of any job held over 30 days
• Clean all merchandise displays on a daily basis, displaying effective merchandise at all times
• Follow proper protocol for returns
• Attend all office meetings and trainings
• Other duties, as assigned, including assisting in other areas of the office, if needed
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-3 years of related retail experience within a similar office environment.
• Job Type: Full-time/Part Time (Full benefits included)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrate success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
• Demonstrate the ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met