Oswego Businesses Pulling Together #OswegoStrong
COVID-19 is having a major impact on Oswego. As a community comprising many small businesses, we are profoundly affected by the current economic circumstances.
We also are, and always will be, a community that cares and looks out for one another. We’ve organized a directory of Oswego businesses and organizations facing difficult disruptions. We encourage Oswegoans to refer to it and shop locally as we pull through this time together.
Your Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce is here to help support you during this challenging period. If you are a Chamber business that is contending with recent developments, please share your announcement or update with us.
Impact Sports Rehab & Chiropractic
As physicians in the State of Illinois we are considered an essential service. As members of our community, we want to do all we can to help flatten the curve.
After much thoughtful deliberation, we will only be available in the office for urgent and acute patient visits as of today 3/21/2020. Due to the hands-on nature of our practice we feel it is best to limit contact for the time being. We will be offering and encouraging telemedicine visits for non urgent cases.
We will remain available to all current and potential patients by phone, email, and text. We will be continuously reassessing the evolving situation and update as needed following all CDC and IDPH guidelines.
If you have an existing appointment next week we will be in touch today or tomorrow. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns!
How do I know if I need to be seen in person?
If you feel that you have a condition that is acute or urgent we will be happy to set up an appointment time and see you in the office. If you are unsure if your condition warrants an in-office visit at this time, ask yourself these questions:
1) Is this a new problem or injury that is severely limiting your daily tasks?
2) Would you have called off of work today due to pain?
3) Are you considering going to the Emergency Room or hospital?
4) Do you feel that you need pain medicine to manage your pain?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions AND you are in good health (fever-free, no cough or respiratory symptoms) we will set up an in-office appointment to get you feeling better.
Telehealth, what is it?
What telehealth is:
- Virtual face-to-face video chat
- Done through a secure network and HIPAA compliant software called Physitrack
- We will be able to do the following:
- Discuss symptoms
- Observe and assess movement
- Correct technique
- Update exercises
What telehealth is not:
-We are not able to do the following:
- Manual therapy
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (scraping/Graston)
How does a telehealth appointment work?
- Download PhysiApp for mobile devices
- You can also use your computer
- At your appointment time you will get a message or email to start your video call
- Click the link and agree to Terms of service
- Proceed with telehealth appointment!
We will be updating invoices and sending them out as usual. We understand that this may be a time of financial hardship. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need an extension on the due date. Thank you!